A Lone Wolf, Going it Alone

Along with my band of Merry Men. I bring you juicy tidbit tidings from the club of Castle Moat and Folkestone Bowmen

Monday 20 August 2012

I've got the (baby, baby), trad longbow blu-ues

Imagine the scene: Saltwood Castle. A hot and humid Sunday morning, with a longbow shoot taking place in the moat. The camera pans across the archers then up into the trees and zooms in on... a sheep.


There then follows a John Woo face/off between archers and animal.


Needless to say, when in a staring match against a sheep, the archers looked away first. Nothing can beat that vacant stare. Ever seen the film Black Sheep? I rest my case. More mint sauce, Friar?


But whose nerves were suitably jangled by the close encounter of the ovine kind to score a perfect bullseye... in the A-frame holding the curtain up?

Keep on lurking,
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment